DP-Net facilitated National Workshop
The workshop was conducted on 25 November 2011, as a market place and consisted of 4 interactive sub-groups that discussed CBDRR in more detail. Participants brought along their own CBDRR materials to display during the day, and the Information Platform portal was also launched.
Objectives of workshop
· To provide a platform where members can display and exchange their CBDRR information
· To discuss, in detail, CBDRR with existing and new Flagship 4 members(including best practices and challenges in CBDRR in Nepal)
· To launch and promote awareness of the Information Platform
· To collect and upload member’s CBDRR documents and information to the Information Platform
Members were asked to nominate 2 sessions to participate in. Each groups was asked to agree on 2 best practices and 2 challenges in around the theme discuss and a summary of these outcomes was then presented in the closing ceremony.
The following 4 sub-groups were formed:
1. Governance and institutional arrangements (facilitated by Oxfam)
2. Risk identification and early warning (facilitated by Practical Action / Mercy Corp)
3. Risk management and vulnerability reduction (facilitated by Nepal Red Cross Society)
4. Disaster preparedness and response (facilitated by Save the Children)